Your residency and permanent address determines if you pay resident, out-of-state or international student tuition. Please refer to Chemeketa's official Residency Policy and Procedure 5120 (go.chemeketa.edu/policies) for more information.
Determine Your Tuition Rate
|In-state student||American citizen or immigrants with a permanent resident status in Oregon.
To qualify, you must establish permanent residence for 90 days before the beginning of a term.
|Domestic distance education students||Students who reside in the USA or US territories taking online classes through Chemeketa.||Resident tuition|
|Choice Act Veterans*||Defined by Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act2*
If you are Choice Act Veteran, contact Chemeketa Veterans’ Services
by email or call 503.399.5004 to determine your eligibility.
|Student with non-immigrant visa||Student holding an approved nonimmigrant visa (E, G, O, U, V).||Resident tuition|
|Out-of-state students||Student residing in or with a permanent address in states outside of Oregon.||Out-of-state tuition|
|International student||Students holding an I-20 from Chemeketa or a student under visas (B, F, H, J).||Int'l. student tuition|
|International distance education students||International students taking online classes through Chemeketa.||Int'l. student tuition|
Request a Change in Your Residency
If you wish to change your residency we can help determine if you’re eligible to receive the resident tuition rate for your current and future terms at Chemeketa. Please refer to Chemeketa's Procedure 5120 for Changing Residence for more information.
- Complete the Application to Change Residency form and submit it along with proof of residency to:
Bldg. 2, Rm. 200
4000 Lancaster Dr. NE
Salem, OR 97305
Proof of residency includes a recent date and shows your name and physical Oregon address. Such documentation may include –
- Oregon driver license or ID card
- Oregon State Income Tax form
- Current W-2
- Bank account statements
- Jury duty summons
- Selective Service registration
- Recent Veteran: LES, DD214
- Active Duty military ID, copy of orders in Oregon
- Oregon voter registration card
- Utility bills (gas, water, power, telephone)
- Immigration documents (Visa, change of status application verification)
- Documentation of entry into a legal agreement in Oregon (marriage, divorce, etc.)
- Documentation of ownership of residential property or of continuous occupancy of rented or leased property in Oregon
- Documentation of public assistance, rehabilitation, unemployment or other Oregon state services
If you change your residency to out of the state you will no longer be considered an Oregon resident and out-of-state tuition fees would apply.