Alternative Placement Test
For some students a paper reading and writing test is best.
What is the Alternative Placement Test (APT)?
Sometimes, after you take the Accuplacer test, advisors will recommend a free written re-test that may raise your reading and writing placement scores. Some students may benefit from the APT because it provides a different perspective than the computerized test. It's another tool for getting students in their best starting place for Chemeketa classes.
The APT is a writing sample you complete that is then graded by a reading and a writing instructor within 3-5 business days. After it's graded, you will be called or contacted by a staff member who will explain the results and help you move forward with your next steps.
Taking Your Alternative Placement Test
- Arrive at Bldg. 3, Rm. 268 just as you did for the Accuplacer placement test
- Bring your K# (Chemeketa student ID) and the referral form given to you by an advisor
- Take your time to read through and answer the questions thoroughly
- The maximum time allowed for this test is 2 hours
- The APT is free of charge