Chemeketa’s TRIO programs are here to help you overcome financial, class, social and cultural barriers so you can earn a degree and prepare to transfer.
TRIO Services for College Students
TRIO provides a variety of educational opportunities as well as cultural and career activities such as –
- Development of a personalized college success plan
- Hosted campus visits to four-year universities
- Tuition-free classes –
- Preparing for College (CG100)
- Creating College Success (FYE 105)
- Planning College Finances (CG101)
- Four-Year College Transition (CG225)
- Assistance with scholarship and financial aid applications
- Access to our computer resource center, including printing
- Personalized academic advising
- Calculator lending
- Tutoring in math, science and writing courses
- TRIO services are also available at our Yamhill Valley Campus
Who is Eligible?
- First-generation college students (neither parent has a bachelors degree)
- Students who meet federal low-income requirements (Pell grant eligible)
- Students with documented disabilities
TRIO Upward Bound for High School Students
If you attend North, McKay or Woodburn Academy of International Studies you may be eligible for to participate in the Upward Bound college prep program.
TRIO Talent Search for Middle School Students
If you attend middle school at Houck, Parrish, Stephens or Waldo or McKay or North Salem High School you may be eligible to participate in the Talent Search college prep program.
TRIO programs are 100% federally funded at $525,295 annually.