The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) allows you to demonstrate your knowledge in a subject so Chemeketa and other U.S. colleges can allow you to skip a required course.
Register for a CLEP Test
You must register and pay for your CLEP test before calling to set up an appointment.
- Create an account and pay $87 for your CLEP test
- Print your registration ticket
- Make an appointment with Testing Services
- Salem 503.399.6556
- Yamhill Valley 503.316.3240
- Bring $35 exact cash or check made payable to Chemeketa Community College to your appointment
Bring a Primary Form of ID to Your CLEP Test
- Current passport with name, photograph and signature
- Valid driver’s license with name, photograph and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph and signature
- Military ID
- National ID with name, photograph and signature
- A tribal card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CLEP?
The College Level Entrance Examination Program, or CLEP, includes general and subject exams. The general exams cover materials in broad areas such as Natural Science, Social Science, and Humanities. The tests allow an individual to demonstrate his or her level of competency no matter when or how the knowledge was acquired. CLEP subject exams cover material included in a number of relatively standard courses taught in colleges and universities throughout the United States. Some of these exams are accepted at Chemeketa Community College, as well as other colleges across the United States, in lieu of course requirements.
Where are CLEP exams offered?
At Chemeketa, the exams are through Testing Services
- Salem campus Bldg. 2, Rm. 101
- Yamhill Valley campus Bldg. 1, Rm. 203
Chemeketa is an "open" test site which means students do not have to be enrolled in Chemeketa to sit for an exam. There are other sites across the United States.
Who can take the exam?
The exams are available to anyone pursuing a college degree. If you have taken a CLEP exam and did not pass, you cannot retest on that particular exam for three months.
What is Chemeketa's CLEP code number?
The CLEP Code is required for taking CLEP Exams or having transcripts sent to a college.
Chemeketa's code is 4745.
How much does it cost?
There are two fees –
- $85 per exam to CLEP
- $35 per exam fee to Chemeketa
An examinee can pay CLEP by –
- Credit card (American Express, Visa or MasterCard)
- Internet registration at the time of testing
- Check or money order
An examinee can pay Chemeketa by –
- Check or money order (made payable to Chemeketa)
What are the restrictions regarding granting credit?
Candidates are not eligible to receive credit for an exam if –
- The exam duplicates a course for which credit has already been granted
- The exam is not one accepted by the college where the student enrolls or has transcripts sent
- How do I obtain CLEP scores?