breadcrumbs-home cross minus plus menu search oregon chemeketa-instagram envelope-o star check close home chevron-left chevron-right plus2 chevron-up chevron-down twitter facebook envelope linkedin angle-left angle-right angle-up angle-down rotate-left instagram
Jump to Header Jump to Main Navigation and Secondary Navigation Jump to main content Jump to Footer


File a Sexual Misconduct Complaint

You have a right to feel safe.

Zero Tolerance for Sexual Misconduct

Chemeketa maintains a safe and healthy educational and work environment in which no member of the community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination in any college program or activity on the basis of sex, sexual orientation or gender identity or gender expression.

Chemeketa has zero tolerance for -

  • Sexual harassment
  • Sexual assault
  • Stalking
  • Intimate partner violence
  • Dating violence
  • Domestic violence

Anyone found participating in any of these behaviors may be subject to disciplinary action and prosecuted in accordance with Chemeketa Community College policies and Oregon's state laws.

Filing a Complaint or Report

Chemeketa encourages all individuals to report any alleged or suspected violation of its Sexual Harassment, Discrimination and Misconduct policy to the Title IX Coordinator by -

  • Completing this online form
  • Calling 503.365.4723 during business hours
  • Visiting the Title IX office in Salem Building 2/Room 215.

    The Title IX Coordinator will consider how to proceed when Individuals who request that their name or other identifiable information not be shared with the respondent or that no formal action be taken. In such circumstances, the Title IX Coordinator may arrange for limited fact-finding by an investigator to better understand the context of the complaint.

    Chemeketa has confidential campus advocates who are trained to explain an individuals’ options for reporting. Information shared with an advocate is strictly confidential and does not prompt a formal report. Campus advocates are available during business hours. To schedule an appointment, please call our counseling services at 503.399.5120.


    Retaliation can take many forms, including abuse or violence, threats, and intimidation. Chemeketa prohibits any attempt to seek retribution against an individual or group of individuals involved in filling a report or complaint, participating in the disciplinary process, or opposing in a reasonable manner an action believed to constitute a violation of college policy.


    Both the complainant and respondent have equal rights, such as the right to -

    • A prompt and impartial investigation
    • Have an adviser of choice during the process
    • Present evidence or have witnesses speak on their behalf
    • Receive the final decision in writing at the same time
    • Have the right to appeal a final decision
    • Learn and work in a safe environment
    • Access campus counseling

    In addition, the complainant has a right to -

    • Notify law enforcement of incidents and receive assistance from Chemeketa in doing so
    • Decline to report the incident to law enforcement
    • Have Chemeketa investigate their allegations
    • Seek help from Chemeketa in enforcing orders of protecction, no-contact orders, restraining orders, or similar lawful orders issued by criminal, civil, or tribal courts
    • Request interim measures
    • File a complaint without fear of retaliation

    Chemeketa encourages all individuals to report any alleged or suspected violation of its sexual harassment, discrimination, and misconduct policy to the Title IX coordinator, and to report potential criminal conduct to law enforcement. Anyone who seeks to make a complaint or report may do any or all of the following –

    1. Request interim measures from the Title IX coordinator
    2. File a complaint or report with the Title IX coordinator, thereby invoking the Chemeketa’s internal disciplinary process
    3. Contact Public Safety for assistance in filing a criminal complaint and preserving physical evidence
    4. Contact local law enforcement to file a criminal complaint
    5. File a complaint with the Department of Education/Office of Civil Rights
    6. Individuals may also seek a protective order such as restraining order, sexual assault protective order, or stalking order. A police report is not required to request a protective order.