Basic Nurse Assistant
Start your health service career.
About the Basic Nurse Assistant Program
This 155-hour training course is approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN). It consists of 80 hours on-campus classroom and lab and 75 hours of clinical in a long-term care facility. Successful completion qualifies individuals to take the Nurse Assistant Competency Evaluation test for state certification as a Nursing Assistant.
The Basic Nurse Assistant course is a non-credit course offered each fall, winter, spring and summer term on Chemeketa's Salem and Yamhill Valley campuses.
The Salem Campus class is offered –
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 4-9:30 pm
The Yamhill Valley Campus class is offered –
Monday-Friday, 8 am-12 pm
SALEM CAMPUS APPLICATION
- Download and complete the Salem Campus 2017-2018 Basic Nursing Assistant application for summer, fall, winter and spring terms
- Please see table below for application submission dates.
- Submit your completed application packet to –
Health Sciences Department
Salem Bldg. 8, Rm. 114
Between 8 am-5 pm
Salem Campus Deadlines for 2017-2018 Basic Nursing Assistant Application
Application Deadline - or until full
Deadline to submit required immunizations
June 12, 2017
June 26, 2017
September 11, 2017
September 25, 2017
Winter 2018 - Accepting applications starting November 1st
December 11, 2017
January 8, 2018
Spring 2018 - We are not offering a course spring term. Please check back in April for more information.
March 19, 2018
April 2, 2018
*Winter term – Only 10 students will be accepted with one clinical offering.
YAMHILL VALLEY APPLICATION
Next class offered spring term 2018.
Applications for spring term class are accepted February 27-March 9, 2018 on a first come, first served basis or until class is full.
- Spring 2018 program information flyer
- Download and print the spring 2018 Basic Nursing Assistant Application
If you have questions, please email Renae Burger.
CNA 2 Program Chemeketa Yamhill in Partnership with Willamette Valley Medical Center
The next class will be offered during summer term (July 2018).
Application acceptance period is May 30th- June 8th (or until all spots are full) at Chemeketa Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 room 100 from 8 am-4 pm (doors unlock at 7:30).
Only 6 spots will be accepted, as well as up to 10 alternate spots. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Print off the summer term application here.
- Valid CNA license (printed off from OSBN)
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association BLS Provider
- Cost: $350
- Must pass a background check and drug test
Total cost for the BNA program in Salem is $1,200 and in Yamhill it is $400. Costs are subject to change. They include –
- Tuition and fees
- Scrubs for clinical, stethoscope, gait belt, etc.
Non-credit courses are not eligible for financial aid
Students will be required to pay for –
- A background check – approx. $45
- Required drug testing – approx. $45
- Immunizations – cost varies
- CPR training – cost varies
- Parking pass – approx. $25
After course completion, you will be responsible for testing fees for the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) include –
- Application to test – $106
- Fingerprinting – $64.50
- Chemeketa student identification number and Chemeketa email address
- Successful completion of RD 080 and RD085 or RD090 with a C or higher or placement into RD115 via Chemeketa's placement test or proof of completing an Associate Degree or equivalent credits or higher
- Successful completion of CPR Certification - American Heart Association "BLS Provider Level"
- Attendance at mandatory orientation, passing the criminal background check and required drug screen, and completing required immunizations
- Mandatory orientation for applicants accepted into the class
- Commitment to being at every class session and clinical session
- Reliable transportation
Instructions on how to complete background check and drug screen will be given to accepted applicants only.
For more information call the Health Sciences Dept at 503.399.5058.