Chemeketa’s driver education classes serve students ages 15 and older year-round in Salem, McMinnville, Dallas, Stayton, Silverton, Independence and Monmouth. Our driver ed instructors are certified by the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Driver Education Course Dates
Course Dates: April 2-May 30
Application Period (no payment required): February 5-26
Application Review Period: February 27-March 5
Confirmation Email: March 6
Payment Period: March 6-22
|Chemeketa Salem Campus||Monday & Wednesday||5:30-7:30 pm|
|Chemeketa Yamhill Valley Campus||Monday & Wednesday||6-8 pm|
|Central High School||Monday & Wednesday||5:30-7:30 pm|
|Silverton High School||Monday & Wednesday||6-8 pm|
|Sprague High School||Tuesday & Thursday||5:30-7:30 pm|
|Stayton High School||Monday & Wednesday||5:30-7:30 pm|
Behind-the-wheel hours are scheduled outside classroom time and may take one-two weeks past the last class to complete.
Adults ages 18+
- $500 for students who are 18 or older (or turn 18 during the course), any student with an out of state learners permit, or any student with a driver license.
Teens ages 15-17
- $280 for students under 18 (and do not turn 18 during the course) who have only an Oregon learner's permit. (Cost reflects ODOT discount)
- $205 for students under 18 who qualify for Oregon's low/no income subsidy program (Cost reflects Oregon low/no income subsidy discount)
Low/No Income Subsidy Program
Oregon offers a $75 discount to driver ed students who qualify for SNAP, TANF or free and reduced lunch programs lowering the class cost to $205. To qualify for this discount, please submit an eligibility letter from SNAP, TANF or your school district with your driver ed application. Home school students can qualify through the school district they are in. (This benefit applies only to students ages 15-17 without a license)
DRIVER ED COURSE COST INCLUDES
- 30+ hours of classroom instruction
- 12 hours of in-car training
- Six hours of driving
- Six hours of observation
- Textbooks and reference materials
- Your DMV drive test may be waived if you are age 15-17 and successfully pass the course
HOW TO REGISTER
Class enrollment is limited and pre-registration is required. All classes must have at least ten students to run a class.
- Download and complete the Spring 2018 Application
- Mail or fax the completed enrollment application, payment and a photocopy of the front side of the student's instruction permit or driver license
Mail to –
Chemeketa Community College
Driver Education Program 5/264
4000 Lancaster Drive NE
Salem, OR 97305
- Payment accepted in the form of –
- Money Order
- VISA, Master Card, or Discover
To pay via credit or debit card, please call the Driver Education office at 503.584.7541 after your application has been accepted.
DRIVER ED PARENT ORIENTATION
If you are a parent of a driver ed student age 15-17, please attend the first hour of the first day of class for a required parent/student orientation.