New Student Advising
New student academic advising can help you plan and register for classes, understand your placement test scores, access student services and learn more about attending Chemeketa.
Spring Term 2018 (Begins April 2, 2018)
Advising sessions for new students starting spring term 2018 are scheduled from March 5-27, 2018.
How to Complete First Term Advising
- Follow the steps for new students to enroll at Chemeketa
- View the New Student Advising Session online
- After you view the online session choose one of the following options:
Option 1: Schedule an in-person advising session through My Chemeketa (you will meet with an advisor individually). If you need help scheduling your appointment in ChemekNET, visit the Peer Assistant desk (Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 115) or see our How to Schedule a New Student Advising Session guide.
- Held in Advising & Counseling (Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 115)
- Sessions start on time; seating is limited
- Arrive 10 minutes early
- Come prepared with the following information –
- Placement test scores
- Username and password for My Chemeketa (arrive early if you need help finding this information)
- Unofficial transcripts if transferring from another college
- Information on your completed CLEP, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests or college-level classes completed during high school (if applicable)
- We recommended you transfer all previous class and test credits to Chemeketa before attending a new student advising session
- Learn how to transfer your credits to Chemeketa
- Driving here? Pick up your free visitor parking pass (required) at the information booth outside Bldg. 2
Option 2: Complete and submit the First Term Advising Survey
- Once you submit the survey your information will be routed to an advisor
- Make sure to check your Chemeketa student email account for a response
- If you select to be notified by phone, make sure your mailbox is set up and able to receive messages