If you’re enrolling at Chemeketa and have taken college-level classes or exams, have your transcripts evaluated by Enrollment Services. You may receive credit toward you Chemeketa degree or certificate.
Who Should Have Their Transcripts Evaluated?
You should have your transcripts evaluated if –
- You have taken classes at another accredited college you believe may count toward your Chemeketa degree or certificate
- You have met prerequisite requirements at another college for a Chemeketa program
- Financial Aid has requested you have your transcripts evaluated
- You are attending Chemeketa using Veteran Affairs (VA) benefits
- If you are enrolled at another college and wish to take courses at Chemeketa, but do not want to earn a degree from Chemeketa then you do not need to complete the official transcript evaluation process.
- You can complete the prerequisite form if any courses you wish to take have prerequisites. You will need: Your unofficial transcript, Chemeketa student ID# (K#), and Course(s) you want to take.
- Transcripts will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis when Chemeketa receives –
- All your requested transcripts
- Your completed Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit form
- Turnaround time depends on –
- The number of requests
- Enrollment Service’s workload during limited enrollment application periods and end of term awarding
- 100- and 200-level college coursework from regionally accredited institutions
- When possible, an equivalent class will be assigned for transfer coursework and will appear on your unofficial transcript
- When there is not a near-equivalent course, the course will be assigned as a 1XX or 2XX level elective in the appropriate subject area
- Credits from colleges accredited by one of the following agencies –
- Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools)
- New England Commission on Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of College and School Commission on Colleges
- Senior College and University Commission (in conjunction with commission listed below)
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Military credit transferred according to American Council on Education (ACE) recommendation
Email your name, K# and questions to Transcript Evaluation. All responses will be sent to your My Chemeketa email address.