Chemeketa offers academic advising for all students and help getting started for new students.
New Student Advising
Learn more about new student advising
- New certificate or degree-seeking students are required to meet with an academic advisor until you have successfully completed 30 credits of 100 level or higher at Chemeketa.
- Classes taken through College Credit Now in high school do not count toward meeting this requirement.
- You will be assigned an academic advisor based on your program or degree interest.
- Your advisor will assist you in developing an education plan to follow during your time at Chemeketa.
Chemeketa's advisors can assist you through academic, career and life transitions, as well as empower you through knowledge, career preparation and personal effectiveness. Our services include –
- Interpreting your placement test results
- Assisting in a smooth transfer to a four-year university or college (advisors work closely with specific programs and transfer universities)
- Developing an educational plan with you
- Providing assistance in selecting and registering for classes
- Helping your research career-technical programs in Oregon
- Clarifying college procedures
- Assisting you in resolving academic issues
- Performing placement test and prerequisite class overrides
- Academic advising is also available at our Polk Center, Woodburn Center and Yamhill Valley Campus
Schedule an Appointment
If you'd like to meet with an advisor, follow the steps to schedule an appointment.
While it's best to schedule an appointment for advising, we do have limited drop-in hours during the first week of each term. You can also use the advising center computers for –
- Checking your financial aid
- Career search and assessments
- Transfer research
Peer Assistants are often available to help you at the computer station.