Students New to Chemeketa
New student academic advising can help you plan and register for classes, understand your placement test scores, access student services and learn more about attending Chemeketa.
New Student Advising
- New certificate or degree-seeking students are required to meet with an academic advisor until you have successfully completed 30 credits of 100 level or higher at Chemeketa.
- Classes taken through College Credit Now in high school do not count toward meeting this requirement.
- You will be assigned an academic advisor based on your program or degree interest.
- Your advisor will assist you in developing an education plan to follow during your time at Chemeketa.
How to Complete First Term Advising
- First follow the steps for new students to enroll at Chemeketa.
- View the advising, registration and appointment videos below.
- After you view the videos choose one of the following options:
Schedule a New Student Advising Appointment
Follow the steps below.
- Login to your My Chemeketa account
- Click on the “Services” tab
- Click on the “Advising” link
- Click on the “Academic Advising” link within the location of your choice
- Click on the "First Term Advising" button to view availability
Prepare for your session by
- Checking your appointment location (eg. Salem, Polk, Yamhill, Woodburn or Brooks)
- Arriving 10 minutes early
- Being prepared with the following information –
- Student ID number (K#)
- Placement test scores
- Username and password for My Chemeketa (arrive early if you need help finding this information)
- Unofficial transcripts if transferring from another college
- Information on your completed CLEP, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests or college-level classes completed during high school (if applicable)
- We recommended you transfer all previous class and test credits to Chemeketa before attending a new student advising session
- Learn how to transfer your credits to Chemeketa
- Driving to Salem Campus? Pick up your free visitor parking pass (required) at the information booth outside Bldg. 2
Option Two: Online Advising
Complete and submit the First Term Advising Survey
- Once you submit the survey your information will be routed to an advisor
- Make sure to check your Chemeketa student email account for a response
- If you select to be notified by phone, make sure your mailbox is set up and able to receive messages