Current Student Advising
Academic advising is a continuous, student-centered process that assists students in the development of meaningful educational plans that meet their life goals and personal values.
- Certificate or degree-seeking students are required to meet with an academic advisor until you have successfully earned 30 credits at Chemeketa. These credits must be earned with a grade of C or better and be 100 level or higher courses.
- Classes taken through College Credit Now in high school do not count toward meeting this requirement.
- You will be assigned an academic advisor based on your program or degree interest.
- Students interested in an Associate of Applied Science Degree or Certificate will be assigned a faculty advisor that teaches in that program.
- Students who are undecided in their major will be assigned to a Career Counselor for career exploration.
- You may check your Degree Works audit located in your MyChemeketa account to view your assigned advisor.
Note: Students who are not part of required advising may still meet with an advisor. Schedule an Appointment.
Advisors can help you identify some strategies to help you come to a career decision while you begin your educational journey, including –
- Identifying your interests and skills
- Explore potential careers
- Research careers
- Recommend career exploration courses (CG110, CG114)
- Referral to Career Counseling