The Oregon Promise Helps Pay Tuition
The Oregon Promise is a community college tuition grant for certain recent Oregon high school graduates and GED recipients.
Oregon Promise Details
The grant is not managed by Chemeketa but the state Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC). OSAC's website has information on how to apply.
If you receive the Oregon Promise and attend Chemeketa, you must do the following to maintain it –
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average each term
- Pass at least 67% of credits attempted each term
- Enroll in at least 6 credits each term (except summer) & receive a disbursement of Oregon Promise Grant funds
What is Oregon Promise?
Oregon Promise is a state grant that covers most tuition at any Oregon community college for recent high school graduates and GED recipients.
Who is eligible?
You must meet all of the following criteria –
- Complete an Oregon Promise Grant Application by the appropriate deadline
- Be a recent Oregon high school graduate or GED recipient
- Document a 2.0 cumulative high school GPA or higher; or a GED score of 145 or higher on each test
- Plan to attend at least half-time at an Oregon community college within 6 months of high school graduation or GED completion
- Be an Oregon resident for at least 12 months prior to attendance
- Have filed a FAFSA or ORSAA application and listed at least one Oregon community college
- Must not have more than 90 college credits attempted
Maintaining Oregon Promise Eligibility
How do I remain eligible for Oregon Promise at Chemeketa?
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Maintain at least half-time continuous enrollment (i.e. 6 or more credits) during fall, winter and spring terms
- Complete all financial aid requirements shown in your MyChemeketa account
- Have attempted no more than 90 credits
- Complete your FAFSA/ORSAA annually as soon as possible after October 1, but no later than June 1
Oregon Promise Updates
- Awards may be subject to eligibility criteria based on their Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Visit OSAC's website for more information