The Cost of Attending Chemeketa
Chemeketa provides you one of the most affordable higher education opportunities in Oregon. Find out how much you'll need to pay for tuition and associated fees.
Tuition & Fee Information
Coupled with numerous financial aid opportunities, a Chemeketa education is an affordable and smart investment.
Academic Year 2019 - 2020 Tuition & Fees
Effective summer term 2019 –
- Oregon students: $115 per credit ($91 tuition + $24 universal fee)
- Online students: $115 per credit ($91 tuition + $24 universal fee) + $50 per course online fee
- Out-of-state students: $280 per credit ($256 tuition + $24 universal fee)
- International students: $280 per credit ($256 tuition + $24 universal fee) plus a non-refundable $265 fee per-term for students attending with an F1 visa)
The costs cited above are for tuition and universal fees. Some classes have additional fees such as online course, materials and lab fees. All fees for a class will appear totaled together in the 'Tui + Fee' column of the class schedule. Costs for credit classes are calculated on a per-credit basis. Tuition varies depending on your permanent residence.
Payment Due Date
Before the first day of the term or within ten days of registration (whichever is later) to avoid a $25 late fee. Additional late fees will be applied each term on unpaid accounts throughout the term.
More About Residency
- You are an Oregon student if you have established Oregon as your permanent residence at least 90 days before the term starts. The college may ask you to have proof of this
- You are a domestic distance education (online only) student if you reside in the USA or US territories taking only online classes through Chemeketa
- You are an out-of-state student if your permanent residence is outside of Oregon
- You are an international student if you must have an I-20 immigration document
- If you are a Choice Act Veteran contact Chemeketa’s Veterans Services office to ensure you are eligible
- Learn more about your tuition rate based on your residency
Non-Credit Class Costs
Call 503.399.4949 for current costs
College Prep Classes
- Call 503.399.5224 for current costs of ABE and GED classes
- Call 503.399.6298 for current costs of non-credit ESOL classes
- Call the Testing Department at 503.399.6556 for the current fee to take the GED test
|Term||First Late Fee $25||Second Late Fee $25||Third Late Fee $25|
On unpaid accounts as of the
|Fri. May 10, 2019||Fri. June 7, 2019|
|Summer 2019||Mon. July 29, 2019||Mon. Aug. 12, 2019|
|Fall 2019||Fri. Nov. 1, 2019||Fri. Dec. 06, 2019|
|Winter 2020||Fri. Feb. 14, 2020||Fri. Mar. 13, 2020|
|Spring 2020||No late fees||No late fees|
The maximum late fee per term is $75.
A past due account may result in future denial of services including –
- Withholding of transcripts
- Denial of future credit
- Impact on credit history
- Additional collection charges and legal fees