Yamhill Valley Campus
Chemeketa's full campus in McMinnville serves all of Yamhill County.
Important information for fall term:
Chemeketa's Coronavirus page will provide information related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and Chemeketa's preparations and response.
All campuses and facilities will be closed through fall term, but Yamhill Valley staff is still here to serve you remotely! Here is what you need to know:
- Our campus operating hours are Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm, Friday: 8am - 1pm
- Call us at 503.472.9482 or 503.399.5219
- For general questions, you can email student services staff
- Advising staff are available to answer questions via email
- You can schedule a phone or Zoom appointment with an advisor
- Calculator rentals for YVC math students will be requested through your instructor
- Books ordered through the bookstore will be mailed to your home
- Books can be borrowed online on a first-come, first-served basis through the Lending Libary. See the Library website for more information
- If you need to check out a laptop for fall term: Laptop requests for Fall Term 2020 will begin on September 1, 2020. To request a laptop you must be a currently registered Chemeketa student. Limited quantities are available and requests are based on a first come, first served basis. The Library has created one-stop page where you can request, return and renew laptops
- Our testing center is open for Pearson Vue testing (including GED), plus a few other exams. Register for Pearson VUE and GED exams through GED.com or Pearson VUE
- All classes are being offered remotely/online fall term, online services available through remote learning hub
- WiFi has been extended to the parking lot outside of building 2 for students. Students are asked to stay in their car and maintain social distance of 6 ft. We have maps of WiFi coverage at YVC campus and at Salem campus.
- We have a new virtual tour for students who want to see and learn more about our campus!
Welcome to Yamhill Valley Campus
Chemeketa Yamhill Valley provides a fully-accredited community college in the heart of Yamhill County. We began serving the Yamhill Valley in 1974, moving into a state-of-the-art facility in 2011.
As a full campus, you can do all the work you need for a degree or certificate at Yamhill Valley. We also provide numerous services to make your college life better –
- Academic advising
- Counseling services
- Student clubs and activities
- Disability services
- Library and tutoring services
- Advising workshops
- Student IDs and parking
- Conditioning center
- Open computer labs
- Testing services
- Cafe and Coffee shop
- Electric vehicle charging stations
Mini-schedules for Yamhill Valley Campus are available as a PDF -
Fall term dates- Sept. 28 - Dec. 12.
*** Please note, class are being held REMOTELY fall term. There will be no Face-to-Face classes.
- CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION
We are not offering any community education classes spring term.
More information about Chemeketa's community education classes in Salem and the surrounding area is available online.
Yamhill Valley Events
What is the STORM Table about?
Service to Others Really Matters! (STORM) tables provide free resources for students –
- Come see your YVC student leaders
- Enjoy free fresh popcorn and other yummy snacks
- Tap into our food pantry (The Campus Cupboard) if needed
- Find information on community organizations
- Learn about upcoming events, study skills tips, community resources, opportunities to volunteer and more
Volunteer to help staff the table with one of our student leaders.
Texting is Here
Want to receive important school messages to your phone? Canceled classes, change in location, approaching deadlines, cool opportunities- we’ve got you covered. Ensure we have your updated cell number at the front desk and we’ll add you to our list to start receiving texts from Chemeketa.
Get involved at YVC
Make new friends, gain valuable skills for the workplace, have fun, and make your voice heard at YVC. The Yamhill Valley Campus has the opportunity for you-- from joining a club, volunteering at multicultural celebration or in the community, attending a campus event, and so much more. See one of the student leaders at the STORM table for more information on ways to get involved.