Yamhill Valley Campus
Chemeketa's full campus in McMinnville serves all of Yamhill County.
New students starting winter term
Chemeketa Yamhill Valley has remote classes to help you learn the skills you need to start an in-demand career. Our remote classes allow you to participate in live, scheduled class lectures and meetings from the comfort of your own home. Directions on how to search for remote classes offered through YVC.
- Go to go.chemeketa.edu/apply to get the steps to getting started
- Book a New Student Advising Session with the Yamhill Valley advisors
- Before your appointment, please watch this New Student Advising Video
- Use this Get Ready checklist to help ensure you’re prepped and ready for the term
Take a virtual tour of our campus
Important information on our remote operations:
All campuses and facilities remain closed through winter term (March, 2021), but Yamhill Valley staff are available and ready to serve you remotely! Here is what you need to know-
- Winter term runs January 4 - March 20, 2021
- Our campus remote operating hours are Monday-Thursday: 8am - 5pm; Friday: 8am - 2pm
- Contact us via phone at 503.472.9482 or 503.399.5219, or email student services staff
- Advising support: schedule a phone or Zoom appointment or email advisors with questions
- Chemeketa's Coronavirus page will provide information related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and Chemeketa's preparations and response
Remote Student Resources
- The College has created some great resources pages for accessing resources and services. Please review our Remote Learning Hub, Virtual Learning Center and our Campus & Community Based Student Resources
- Laptops can be checked-out for free for the entire term. The Library has created a one-stop page where you can request, return and renew laptops
- WiFi has been extended to the parking lot outside of YVC’s building 2 for student use. Students are asked to stay in their car and maintain social distance of 6 ft. WiFi Coverage Map
- Books can be borrowed for the term on a first-come, first-served basis through our Lending Library or purchased through our bookstore in early December and will be mailed to your home
- Calculator rentals for YVC math students can be returned to our library/book drop-box outside building 1. More info to come for winter term details
- See our YouTube page for helpful how-to videos
GED and ESOL Classes-
- Our GED prep and English for Speakers of Other Languages courses are being offered remotely. Call 503.472.9482 to get more information or to schedule an orientation
Test Proctoring Services-
- Our testing center is open and proctoring limited exams, such as Pearson VUE (including GED), Oregon pesticide, CLEP and NCCT. See Testing Services for more details
Welcome to Yamhill Valley Campus
Chemeketa Yamhill Valley provides a fully-accredited community college in the heart of Yamhill County. We began serving the Yamhill Valley in 1974, moving into a state-of-the-art facility in 2011.
As a full campus, you can do all the work you need for a degree or certificate at Yamhill Valley. We also provide numerous services to make your college life better –
- Academic advising
- Counseling support services
- Student clubs and activities
- Student accessibility services
- Library and tutoring center
- Open computer labs
- Testing services
- Conditioning/fitness center
- Cafe and coffee shop
- Student IDs
- Electric vehicle charging stations
Mini-schedules for Yamhill Valley Campus are available as a PDF -
Winter term dates: Jan 3 - March 20, 2021
*Please note, general education classes are being held REMOTELY winter term. The only face-to-face classes meeting on campus are within our Career Tech programs (i.e. Medical Assisting, etc.).
- CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION
We are not offering any community education classes spring term.
More information about Chemeketa's community education classes in Salem and the surrounding area is available online.
Yamhill Valley Events
What is the STORM Table about?
Service to Others Really Matters! (STORM) tables provide free resources for students –
- Come see your YVC student leaders
- Find information on community organizations
- Learn about upcoming events, study skills tips, community resources, opportunities to volunteer and more
- STORM tables are being offered virtually via Zoom... see your weekly Porcelain Press for a link
Get involved at YVC
Make new friends, gain valuable skills for the workplace, have fun, and make your voice heard at YVC. The Yamhill Valley Campus has the opportunity for you-- from joining a club, volunteering at multicultural celebration or in the community, attending a campus event, and so much more. See one of the student leaders at the STORM table for more information on ways to get involved.