Branding to Build Trust
Showing our best, true self to our audiences.
The Office of Marketing, Public Relations and Student Recruitment provides a range of resources to college colleagues –
- Student recruitment promotions & events
- Marketing strategy consultation
- Marketing material production
- Event promotion
- Social media management and consultation
- News articles on the public website & Chemeketa Connects employee blog
- News media relations
- Communications to employees and current students
- Management of the public website
- Signage in existing buildings
Brand Identity System
We are also responsible for upholding the standards of the college brand identity system. We define brand as the nature of an organization’s relationship with its audience. That relationship could be strong, weak, positive or negative. We seek strong, positive relationships. A strong relationship between Chemeketa and our students, community and employees is built through consistent, high quality experiences.
Therefore, we apply standards for quality to consistently create positive Chemeketa experiences. Consistent, high quality experiences create trust. Trust is the primary benefit of a strong brand. Our students will trust us to deliver on the promises we make about learning here. Our community will trust we are good stewards of their financial investment in us. Our employees will trust that their investment of time and energy will result in making a positive difference in lives and communities.
See our Brand Identity System standards for more information.
The Brand Identity System site on Employee Dashboard has templates you can use to create –
- PowerPoint presentations
- Electronic stationery
Our staff is available to help should your communication needs go beyond the prepared templates. Our copywriting, graphic design and project management skills are free to you. We usually require that you pay for reproduction. We can provide print estimates for your approval, and we can help you design a piece to fit tight budgets.
We suggest the following process for our collaboration –
- Contact our office to schedule a meeting to start work
- Prepare to engage us in a conversation about your audience and how you benefit them
- Give us a deadline, preferably at least eight weeks after our meeting date
- Tell us what your budget is for this project
- Employee Dashboard
Email Denise Thompson with –
- Event title and brief description
- Date, time, location
- All students?
- All employees?
- Open to the community?
- All of the above?
- Brief description
- Contact for more information (if applicable)
News Blogs & News Releases
- Chemeketa Connects
Email Greg Harris with –
- All calendar information
- Additional details/longer description
- Quotes and/or person we could get a quote from
- Pictures (if possible)
Social Media, Digital Monitors & Street Reader Signs
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Email Robert LaHue with –
- Calendar information
- Design Op image for monitor or social media (if applicable)
Design Op Print & Digital Work