Chemeketa is the low-cost, high-value place to start your career in accounting.
topics Business Management
Skills & InterestProblem Solving
CareersBusiness & Management
Why choose program or class?
If you want to be any of the following –
- Payroll specialist
- Tax preparer
Chemeketa’s accounting program provides the knowledge and skills you need.
What will you learn?
Our certificate programs give you the training to qualify for entry-level positions requiring accounting in business, industry and government. The Accounting Baccalaureate Preparation certificate is for those who plan to transfer to a university.
What will you do?
The skills you learn in our accounting program can be applied in a range of careers, including –
- Licensed tax preparer
- Full cycle accountant
- Accounting technician
TAX PREPARATION CERTIFICATE
This certificate program is for students interested in tax preparation or as an additional credential for accountants. You will learn how to –
- Prepare individual income taxes
- Aid in preparing corporation or partnership returns
- Design accounting systems that work smoothly with tax preparation
This program provides the 80 hours of coursework needed to take the Oregon Licensed Tax Preparer Test.
PAYROLL CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This certificate is for students interested in becoming a payroll of benefits specialist. You will learn how to –
- Prepare complex fourth-quarter payroll
- Interpret legal and/or contracted language and apply to payroll
ONE-YEAR ACCOUNTING CERTIFICATE
This certificate program is for students who want to enter the field as a bookkeeper while pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting. You will learn how to –
- Identify, analyze, record, and summarize routine economic events
- Present results of your work both manually and using current accounting software
- Prepare common federal and state payroll and tax documents and reports
- Know timelines for completing and submitting documents and reports
This certificate provides the foundation to prepare for the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) certification exam.
BACCALAUREATE PREPARATION CERTIFICATE
This certificate program is for students who intend to transfer to a four-year college or university to major in accounting or in business with an accounting focus. It combines some of the accounting degree requirements with those of the Associate of Science Oregon Transfer degree in business. It also has many lower-division courses required for university accounting majors.
You will learn how to -
- Identify, analyze, record and summarize routine economic events and present the results
- Demonstrate computer, math, writing and communication skills required for upper-division college work
- Demonstrate skills at accounting career standards
ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE
This program is for students wanting more in-depth training in accounting and business. It can be completed in two or more years. You will learn how to –
- Demonstrate knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Prepare and analyze financial reports, make recommendations and communicate results in a team environment
- Make decision based on the framework, assumptions, principals, constraints and ethics in accounting