The Oregon Tech (OIT) dental hygiene program at Chemeketa Community College is a bachelor degree program.
topics Health Sciences
Skills & InterestHelping People
Why choose program or class?
Help People Smile With Confidence.
Students complete one year of prerequisite courses and then apply to the professional program. While in the program there is extensive opportunity for on-site clinical practice, and participation in off-site community programs and clinical rotations. This is achieved through a service learning approach that combines highly effective professional clinical practice with hands-on outreach opportunities.
Visit the Oregon Tech (OIT) dental hygiene program website for more information.
What will you learn?
With built-in opportunities to constantly stretch yourself, learn and grow, the Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene Bachelor of Science Degree Program at Chemeketa has a strong history of service learning and innovative educational methods that prepare students as dental hygienists, or as a stepping stone for advanced dental practice.
What will you do?
Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene students have several professional practice advantages that make them stand out to organizations hiring new graduates. These include –
- Four terms of community health outreach
- Earning enough clinical hours during the Oregon Tech program so that you qualify for the expanded practice permit in Oregon upon graduations
- If you have opted to study restorative dental procedures at Oregon Tech, you have a skill set that prepares you for the endorsement in restorative function
- This allows graduates to work alongside a dentist, bringing additional skills that are in-demand in the workplace
- Clinical rotations at many community facilities in our students’ senior year add even more real-world learning and practice experiences in off-campus settings
- Options for international experiences that test your skills in challenging settings, making you even more prepared to excel in professional practice when you graduate