Get trained in the latest technology in this growing field.
Skills & InterestFiguring Things Out
CareersScience & Engineering
Why choose program or class?
Product and building ideas become reality thanks to drafters. They create the working drawings used in product, building and subdivision development in a fast-paced environment. Chemeketa’s drafting technology program prepares you for these jobs with training on the latest software.
Jobs in drafting are expected to grow by nine percent, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Increased construction and the need to improve the nation’s infrastructure should add to demand for drafters.
What will you learn?
Our certificate and degrees program will teach you many skills necessary for a drafting career, including how to –
- Create accurate 2D and 3D drawing using CAD software
- Make architectural drawing sets for planning division approval
- Make structural drawing sets to industry standards
- Be effective as a team member to research data and create drawings
- Make civil drawings including streets, lots and utilities of a subdivision for planning division approval
- Make mechanical drawing sets including detail and assembly drawings of parts