Earn history credits at Chemeketa that you can apply toward your degree, certificate or transfer to another school.
topics Social Sciences
Skills & InterestSocial Sciences
Why choose program or class?
Chemeketa offers a variety of history courses that can prepare you for upper-level historical study at another school and count toward some degrees and certificates at Chemeketa.
Taking these courses at Chemeketa is a great is to save money on your college tuition.
What will you learn?
At Chemeketa, you can choose from many credit courses covering topics like –
- America in the 1960s
- History of world civilization
- Women in history
- French cuisine and culture
- Latin American history
Chemeketa also offers a wide selection of non-credit courses for those looking to continue their education.
In Chemeketa history courses, you will learn to –
- Identify the causes and effects of important historical events and trends
- Describe how the present has been shaped by historical events, issues and ideas
- Use specific evidence to make an historical argument
- Evaluate historians' arguments about an issue or time period
- Understand the major political, social, economic, cultural and intellectual transformations in human history
What will you do?
Chemeketa does not offer degrees or certificates in history, but if you continue your study at other institutions, a number of opportunities are available in the field.
Upon completion of a history degree, students can work as a K-12 teacher after receiving a master's in teaching, they can pursue a master's degree in history to teach at a community college, or a Ph.D. to teach at a university.
Historians can work as a public historian at a historical museum developing museum exhibits or educational programs. They can also work in an historical archive, at a historical association, as a research assistant or as an editor.