Chemeketa offers physics classes. Some of them help fulfill the science requirements of our transfer degrees.
Skills & InterestFiguring Things Out
CareersScience & Engineering
Why choose program or class?
Physics will satisfy your curiosity if you are interested in the fundamental behavior of matter and energy. The subject ranges from the very small (subatomic particles) to the very large (the entire universe).
What will you learn?
- Laws of energy, gravity and momentum
- Applications of the principles of physics to work, energy and power
- Structure of matter, heat, energy, sound and light
- Physics of fluids, oscillations, waves, thermodynamics and electricity
- Physics for engineers and scientists
What will you do?
Physicists develop many useful devices such as –
- Cell phones
- MRI machines
- Electron microscopes
Physicists also study interesting concepts like –
- The age of the universe
- The details of gravity