Community Ag & Pesticide Training
Let us help you prepare to take your Oregon Department of Agriculture pesticide licensing exam or earn recertification credits for your existing pesticide license.
topics Agricultural Sciences
Skills & InterestWorking with your hands
Why choose Community Ag & Pesticide Training?
Our program offers courses for pesticide exam preparation and many of the recertification requirements needed for pesticide applicators.
How many credit hours do you need to maintain your license?
- 16 credit hours during the 5-year certification period
- 4 credits hours must be “CORE”
- Maximum 8 credit hours allowed per year
Public Applicator/Commercial Applicator/Consultant
- 40 credit hours during the 5-year certification period
- Maximum 15 credit hours allowed per year
- 8 credit hours needed each licensing period
- 4 credit hours must be “CORE”
What will you learn?
Courses offered –
- Forestry Pesticide Review
- General Urban Pest Control
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Basics
- Label Comprehension
- Laws and Safety Review (offered in English and Spanish)
- Ornamental and Turf: Herbicide Training
- Ornamental and Turf: Insecticide and Fungicide Training
- Private Applicator License Training (offered in English and Spanish)
- Respiratory Protection for Agriculture Operations
- Pesticide Right-of-Way Training
- Sprayer Calibration
- Structural Pest Control
- Weed Identification and Management
- Wood Destroying Organism Inspection and Evaluation
- Worker Protection Standard
What will you do?
A pesticide license is needed to –
- Buy, apply, or supervise the use of Restricted Use Pesticides
- Advise others on the use of Restricted Use Pesticides
- Apply pesticides to someone else’s property (private or public land)
- Apply pesticides as a public employee using machine-powered equipment and/or apply Restricted Use Pesticides
- Apply pesticides on school properties
(Information obtained from ODA website)
Course: Private Applicator License Training
Number of core recertication hours: 8
Course Dates: Open/On-going
Please visit the "How to Register" section to sign up.
Please complete a short interest form (click here) to receive a notification of when additional classes may be available.
How to Register
Download and complete the enrollment form, sign, and return. Make sure to complete all highlighted sections to avoid any delays in processing. Due to anticipated high volumes, please allow 2-3 business days for processing.Ways to submit the enrollment form:Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax to: 503.399.5262Mail to: Chemeketa Community CollegeBuilding 60 Attn: Ag Science4000 Lancaster Drive NESalem, OR 97305Ways to submit payment:Phone payment (debit/credit card): 503.399.5139Online: Once you have created your online account, you can make a debit/credit payment onlineCheck: Mail a check with your application form to the address above.