Chemeketa’s driver education classes serve students ages 15 and older year-round in Salem, McMinnville, Dallas, Stayton, Silverton, Independence and Monmouth. Our driver ed instructors are certified by the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Driver Education Course Dates
Tentative Winter Term Schedule:
Pre-registration will open at 9 am on November 26th and will remain open until December 3rd
|Chemeketa Salem Campus||Monday & Wednesday||6-8 pm|
|Chemeketa Yamhill Valley (McMinnville)||Monday & Wednesday||6-8 pm|
|Dallas High||Monday & Wednesday||5:30-7:30 pm|
|Central High||Monday & Wednesday||5:30-7:30 pm|
|Silverton High||Monday & Wednesday||6-8 pm|
|Sprague High||Tuesday & Thursday||5:30-7:30 pm|
|Stayton High||Tuesday & Thursday||5:30-7:30 pm|
HOW TO REGISTER
Class enrollment is limited and pre-registration is required. All classes must have at least ten students to run a class. To register –
- Complete the winter term pre-registrtion form
- Payment accepted in the form of –
- Money Order
- VISA, Master Card, or Discover
Payment will only be accepted once the student has been accepted into the course.
To pay via credit or debit card, please call the Driver Education office at 503.584.7541 after your application has been accepted.
Adults ages 18+
- $520 for students who are 18 or older (or turn 18 during the course), any student with an out of state learners permit, or any student with a driver license.
Teens ages 15-17
- $300 for students under 18 (and do not turn 18 during the course) who have only an Oregon learner's permit. (Cost reflects ODOT discount)
- $225 for students under 18 who qualify for Oregon's low/no income subsidy program (Cost reflects Oregon low/no income subsidy discount)
Low/No Income Subsidy Program
Oregon offers a $75 discount to driver ed students who qualify for SNAP, TANF or free and reduced lunch programs lowering the class cost to $225. To qualify for this discount, please submit an eligibility letter from SNAP, TANF or your school district with your driver ed application. Home school students can qualify through the school district they are in. (This benefit applies only to students ages 15-17 without a license and a valid Oregon permit)
DRIVER ED COURSE COST INCLUDES
- 30+ hours of classroom instruction
- 12 hours of in-car training
- Six hours of driving
- Six hours of observation
- Textbooks and reference materials
- Your DMV drive test may be waived if you are age 15-17 and successfully pass the course
DRIVER ED PARENT ORIENTATION
If you are a parent of a driver ed student age 15-17, please attend the first hour of the first day of class for a required parent/student orientation.