Student Emergency Funds
The Chemeketa Student Relief Fund was created to assist students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency.
Emergency assistance is for students at risk of dropping out of college due to financial hardship. Students must complete an online application form and show proof of financial hardship. Students may apply for funds when they have exhausted all other resources. Our goal is to help students during a time of need. Funding is limited and made possible by Chemeketa staff donations.
These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses or as an alternative to financial aid. Requests must be urgent in nature due to a temporary hardship, event, or unforeseeable circumstances.
- Currently enrolled with Chemeketa listed as their home school for the term financial assistance is being requested
- Minimum 2.00 gpa
- Registered for classes during the term they are requesting funds and the expense must fall within the term, requests will not be considered during term breaks
- In good standing with financial aid, not in denied status
Expenses Generally Not Covered
- Expenses that are regular, anticipated, on-going or non-emergency related
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. phone, cable, internet)
- Parking permits, tickets, library fines, and other fines
- Mistakenly incurred or preventable expenses
- Normal and anticipated academic expenses already covered through financial aid
- Expenditures resulting from poor financial management
- Computer purchase or replacement
Students in need of emergency financial assistance may submit a request accompanied by supporting documentation which demonstrate financial need and provide evidence of the existence and cost of the hardship request. Applicants may be required to meet with a staff member to discuss their application.
Emergency fund awards will be distributed in a fashion appropriate to the request needs. Additionally, funds may impact a student’s taxable income and may be reported to the IRS.
Donate to the Student Relief Fund
We are able to help students in need each term because of the generous contributions from members of our staff and our community. These funds offer life-changing support for the students who receive relief funds. To join the growing number of supporters, you can make a donation online through the Chemeketa Foundation.