Student Emergency Funds
The Chemeketa Student Relief Fund was created to assist students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency.
Emergency assistance is for students at risk of dropping out due to financial hardship. Students must complete an online application form and show proof of financial hardship. Students may apply for funds when they have exhausted all other resources. Our goal is to help you during a time of need. Funding is limited and made possible by Chemeketa staff donations.
These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses or as an alternative to financial aid. Requests must be urgent in nature due to a temporary hardship, event, or unforeseeable circumstances.
- Situation must occur during the current term to be considered for assistance (Requests will not be considered during the term breaks or future terms.)
- Currently enrolled and taking classes at Chemeketa
- If you are receiving financial aid, Chemeketa must be listed as your home school with the Financial Aid Office.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- New students without a GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- In good standing with the Financial Aid Office, cannot be on denied status
Expenses Generally Not Covered
- Regular, anticipated, ongoing, or non-emergency-related expenses
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable, subscriptions, credit cards, etc.)
- Parking permits and tickets, library fines, and other fines
- Mistakenly incurred or preventable expenses
- Anticipated academic expenses (e.g. tuition and fees)
- Expenditures resulting from poor financial management
- Computer purchase or replacement
- Complete the Student Emergency Fund Request Application
- Provide supporting documentation that demonstrates financial need and provide evidence of the existence and cost of the hardship request.
- Additional information may be required to complete your application.
Emergency fund awards will be distributed in a fashion appropriate to the request's needs. Additionally, funds may impact a student’s taxable income and may be reported to the IRS. Payments are made directly to the vendor/company the student is requesting funding for.
For additional Chemeketa and community resources to help meet your basic needs, please visit go.chemeketa.edu/resources.
Donate to the Student Relief Fund
We are able to help students in need each term because of the generous contributions from members of our staff and our community. These funds offer life-changing support for the students who receive relief funds. To join the growing number of supporters, you can make a donation online through the Chemeketa Foundation.