iSTART New Student Orientation
Get ready for the next term by taking part in iSTART in-person new student orientation.
iSTART helps new students pursuing a college degree or certificate complete the enrollment and financial aid process to get set up for the current academic year. Whether this is your first time in college, you are taking a few years off after completing high school, or your GED, everyone is welcome to attend.
Requirements for participation
- Be a high school or GED graduate
- Intend to seek a college degree or certificate
- Apply for admission
- Complete the placement assessment to determine your placement into math and writing courses at Chemeketa
Benefits of attending iSTART
- Advising & Registration- Meet with a Navigator to review your placement assessment, select classes, and register for the spring term.
- Paying for college- Get help completing your financial aid process and learn about additional resources to pay for college.
- Access Chemeketa technology- Get set up with Chemeketa's required technology for student success.
- Preparing for college success- Learn best practices and use the various academic support resources to help you succeed.
- Connect to campus and community resources- Learn about available resources to meet your basic needs including financial and health.
- Learn about our various degrees, certificates, and transfer opportunities to help meet your academic and career goals.
- Meet students and staff
- Take a guided campus tour
2024 iSTART Dates - Spring term 2024 dates
- March 4, 11 am to 4 pm, Session full
- March 7, 9:30 am–2:30 pm, Register now!
- March 11, 11 am to 4 pm, Session full
- March 14, 9:30 am–2:30 pm, Register now!
- March 18, 11 am to 4 pm, Register now!
- March 21, 9:30 am–2:30 pm, Register now!
- March 25, 11 am to 4 pm, Session full
- March 28, 9:30 am–2:30 pm, Session full
What have students said about iSTART?
“I found my time here to be very productive and met some new kids that feel the same way about college as I do.”
“I think this program is an amazing thing for kids who have no clue what they’re doing when it comes to college (like me)”
“I found this week very resourceful and it has made me less afraid of my transition from high school to college; especially since I am a first generation.”
“Chemeketa iSTART helped me feel more prepared to start college in the fall Because I feel less stressed now that I am familiar!”
“I made a lot of connections with staff throughout my orientation. This has helped me feel more comfortable at Chemeketa and has encouraged me to ask for help from them when needed.”
“I'm usually a more shy person but i feel like it was easy to open up here.”