Learn the science and art of growing, caring for and using plants.
topics Agricultural Sciences
Skills & InterestWorking with your hands
Why choose Horticulture?
What will you learn?
Completing the Horticulture degree will teach you to –
- Perform skills and use equipment to care and grow plant in nurseries and greenhouses
- Recognize, name and understand management needs for plants grown in Oregon nurseries and greenhouses
- Know government regulations for nursery and greenhouse operations, work and pesticide safety, water regulations and crop sanitation
- Evaluate production in terms of sustainability
See Course Sequences for more information.
What will you do?
The Horticulture degree prepares for a number of different careers in nursery and greenhouse work, including –
- Crew Leader
- Inventory controller
- Irrigation specialist
- Plant seller
- Customer service representative