Chemeketa’s TRIO programs are here to help you overcome financial, social, and cultural barriers so you can earn a degree and prepare to transfer.
TRIO Services for College Students
TRIO partners with the College Completion Program (together known as TRIO/CCP) to ensure that students of all backgrounds have equal access to learning opportunities and provide you with the following personalized support you may need to achieve your educational goals.
- An assigned Success Coach to encourage and guide you, and hold you accountable
- Early registration
- Personalized academic advising, personal and career coaching
- Development and tracking of your personalized college success plan
- Assistance with scholarship, FAFSA & ORSAA, and financial aid applications
- Study groups, math initiatives, and Q&A sessions with instructors
- University transfer advising, campus tours, and information
- Cultural events, community service, and leadership opportunities
We can save you money with the following FREE services-
- Textbook, calculator, and laptop checkout
- One-on-one tutoring in math, writing, science, and other courses
- Elective transferrable college credits to learn about the first-year college experience, transferring to a four-year university, financial planning, and applying for scholarships
Additional support services are available for student veterans.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be working towards a Chemeketa degree and/or certificate.
- Citizenship or permanent residence is not required.
Please check back for the TRIO/CCP application to open back up in Spring 2024.
TRIO Upward Bound for High School Students
If you attend North, McKay, or Woodburn Academy of International Studies you may be eligible to participate in the Upward Bound college prep program.
TRIO Talent Search for Middle School Students
If you attend middle school at Houck, Parrish, Stephens or Waldo or McKay or North Salem High School you may be eligible to participate in the Talent Search college prep program.