GED at Chemeketa Polk
We can help you prepare for your General Equivalency Diploma (GED) tests through the Chemeketa Polk Center in Dallas.
NOTICE: Due to COVID-19, all GED face-to-face orientation and classes have been moved to an online/remote format.
A Welcoming Environment for Earning your GED
Brush up on your academic skills, prepare for your General Educational Development (GED) tests through ged.com, and prepare to transition into college credit courses. We prepare you for four tests covering language arts (writing and reading), social studies, science, and mathematics. Please visit ged.com for additional information on testing, and to learn how to schedule and take your GED tests. GED testing scheduled through ged.com is now available to be taken through PearsonVue at the Polk Center in Dallas.
GED Preparation Classes through the Polk Center -
GED preparation classes held through the Polk Center in Dallas:
- Spring term dates - March 29 through June 12, 2021.
- Meet ONLINE/REMOTELY - Monday through Friday from 8:30-11:20 am
- Students need access to internet and a computer/laptop in order to participate in classes (phones will not work for class participation).
- Class fee - No class fee for Spring term 2021.
STUDENTS 18 OR OVER - Must complete the online Admissions Application
Polk 18+ GED Information Sheet
- Apply for admission as a GED seeker
No application fee. Select "for personal enrichment" as your primary reason for attendance. Select "no, just taking classes" when asked if you plan to earn a degree or certificate at Chemeketa.
- Check your email to obtain your Chemeketa student identification number (K#), then claim your student account.
- After you have your K# and have activated your student account, schedule a mandatory GED orientation by contacting Nancy Harper at 503.316.3242.
- Register for classes
STUDENTS 16-17 YEARS
See the Polk GED process and application for students ages 16 or 17 Students must send the completed and signed Underage Approval (16-17) forms to the Polk Center at email@example.com, or by mail.
For more information, contact the Polk Center at 503.623.5567.