MWEC Program Standards and Documentation
Learn how to document and obtain program approval.
In order to access Perkins funding, your program must be documented and approved by the Oregon Department of Education. Programs must show strength in the following areas -
- Standards and content
- Alignment and articulation
- Assessment and accountability
- Student Support Services
- Professional development
Implementing a New Program of Study
Are you interested in implementing a new Perkins Program of Study? Here are some things to consider before starting the process -
- Does your community or labor market research support employment in the skill areas you are considering?
- Does your school have the capacity to offer the appropriate coursework, both in physical space and teacher expertise?
- Are the students interested in learning these skills?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then you will need to have the CTE representative from your school contact Debbie Johnson to begin the process of implementing a new program of study.