Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) recognizes the academic achievement of students at two-year colleges and provides opportunities to grow as scholars and leaders.
Phi Theta Kappa at Chemeketa
Founded in 1918, Phi Theta Kappa is the international honor society that recognizes academically high-achieving and motivated community college students. Its mission is to –
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students
- Provide opportunities for student growth through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming
Members are eligible for exclusive Phi Theta Kappa transfer scholarships offered by four-year colleges across the country.
How to Join Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa provides numerous opportunities to grow professionally and is a good addition to your resume. If you’ve earned 12 credits with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher you are eligible to become a PTK member. You will receive an invitation to join through your Chemeketa email account or you can email Adam Holden for more information about membership.
Chemeketa’s PTK chapter inducts new members in each fall and spring. There is a one-time membership fee of $90.
Winter 2018 Weekly Phi Theta Kappa Meetings
Thursdays, 3-4:30 pm
Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 232
Ways to Get Involved
Chemeketa’s PTK chapter Alpha Kappa Omicron encourages you to get the most out of membership by participating in our events and activities, like –
- Accept your membership invitation
- Attend weekly Phi Theta Kappa meetings
- Become a Phi Theta Kappa: Alpha Kappa Omicron officer
- Attend your induction ceremony and volunteer at other induction ceremonies
- Participate in the College, Honors in Action or other volunteer projects
- Comment on, engage in and share on social media about Phi Theta Kappa
- Organize a community service or fellowship event for members
If you have more ideas, our chapter encourages you to get involved in a way that helps develop your expertise in your field of study.
Donnie Molleson Student Advisor
Lindsey Caudle Chapter President
Kay Bunnenberg Boehmer, 503.399.6165
Kim Bain, 503.399.2333
Sara Dennison, 503.365.4727
- Oct. 7, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- Oct. 14, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- Oct. 28, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- July 27, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- July 13, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- July 6, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- June 22, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- June 3, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- May 27, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes
- May 20, 2016 PTK Meeting Minutes