Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) recognizes the academic achievement of students at two-year colleges and provides opportunities to grow as scholars and leaders.
Phi Theta Kappa at Chemeketa
Founded in 1918, Phi Theta Kappa is the international honor society that recognizes academically high-achieving and motivated community college students. Its mission is to –
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students
- Provide opportunities for student growth through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming
Members are eligible for exclusive Phi Theta Kappa transfer scholarships offered by four-year colleges across the country.
How to Join Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa provides numerous opportunities to grow professionally and is a good addition to your resume. If you’ve earned 12 credits with a GPA of 3.25 or higher you are eligible to become a PTK member and will then receive an invitation to join. You will receive an invitation to join through your Chemeketa email account or you can email Joel Gisbert for more information about membership. Once you've joined PTK you must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA while a student at Chemeketa.
Chemeketa’s PTK chapter inducts new members in each fall and spring. There is a one-time membership fee of $90.
Phi Theta Kappa Meetings via Zoom Video Conference - Spring 2020
Wednesdays from 12:30 - 2:30 PM: https://chemeketa.zoom.us/j/97757049183
Ways to Get Involved
Chemeketa’s PTK chapter Alpha Kappa Omicron encourages you to get the most out of membership by participating in our events and activities, like –
- Accept your membership invitation
- Attend weekly Phi Theta Kappa meetings
- Become a Phi Theta Kappa: Alpha Kappa Omicron officer
- Attend your induction ceremony and volunteer at other induction ceremonies
- Participate in the College, Honors in Action or other volunteer projects
- Comment on, engage in and share on social media about Phi Theta Kappa
- Organize a community service or fellowship event for members
If you have more ideas, our chapter encourages you to get involved in a way that helps develop your expertise in your field of study.
Brynn Tupper, email@example.com: Chapter President