Are you ready to graduate? Here’s what you need to do to receive your diploma.
Steps to Graduate
Observe Graduation Deadlines
Your application must be received by the deadline to hear from Graduation Services before your final term registration date. Applications will be accepted past the deadlines. If received after the deadline processing times may be delayed.
|If you plan to graduate||Your graduation application is due|
|Fall Term||Fourth week of summer term|
|Winter Term||Fourth week of fall term|
|Spring Term||Fourth week of winter term|
|Summer Term||Fourth week of spring term|
Meet Graduation Requirements
To be eligible for graduation, all associate degree and certificate students must –
- Fulfill all coursework and credit hour requirements as outlined in the college catalog
- Earn a grade point average of at least 2.00
- Complete at least 25% of the required credit at Chemeketa
Apply for Graduation
Once you’ve met the requirements and your graduation application is due, it’s time to apply to graduate. How to apply –
- Complete the Application for a Certificate or Degree and submit it to Graduation Services (Salem Bldg. 2 Rm. 200) or email it to Graduation Services
- Submit a separate application for each degree or certificate you have completed
- Graduation Services will review your completed graduation requirements and notify you by mail if –
- You have completed the requirements for your degree
- You have additional requirements that need to be completed
Attend the Commencement Ceremony
Chemeketa’s Commencement Ceremony is held each June at the Oregon State Fairgrounds Pavilion in Salem. While you do not have to participate in the ceremony to graduate, it is one opportunity to celebrate your accomplishments with your family, friends and classmates.
Learn more about ordering your cap and gown, tickets for guests and attending the Commencement Ceremony here.
Receive Your Diploma or Certificate
- If you’ve met the graduation application deadline, your diploma or certificate will be processed within 7-10 weeks.
- You may pick up your diploma or certificate at Graduation Services (Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 200) during the dates mentioned in your award letter
- If you are unable to pick up, it will be mailed to the address in your student record. Please make sure your address is current in My Chemeketa before the term you intend to graduate
- You will not receive your diploma at the commencement ceremony
Applications received outside of normal processing times will take 4-6 weeks and will be mailed to the address in your student record.
Replacement diplomas are $10 and can be requested by submitting a diploma replacement request form. Your replacement diploma will be mailed to the address you list on the form 4-6 weeks after your request and payment are submitted.