Celebrate the accomplishments of Chemeketa graduates at the Commencement Ceremony.
Chemeketa’s 2021 commencement ceremony will be virtual!
Celebrate your achievements with a virual commencement ceremony. The college will hold two very special ceremonies-- one to honor the acheivements of our GED, High Schools Partnerships, and High School Equivalency programs and another for our college degree and certificate earning students. Chemeketa also invites all class of 2020 graduates to participate in this year's virtual ceremonies!
Details about how to participate in the virtual ceremonies will be announced in mid to late March. Keep an eye on your MyChemeketa email and the commencement website for updates.
Date: June 11, 2021
A computer near you!
How to Participate
APPLY TO GRADUATE – IMPORTANT DATES
Graduating is not automatic. You must apply to graduate.
TBD – Commencement registration opens in MyChemeketa and online cap and gown purchasing begins through Herff Jones.
TBD – Last day to purchase cap and gown online through Herff Jones
TBD - Deadline to submit an Application for Degree or Certificate form if you want your name to appear in the Commencement Ceremony program.
TBD - Last day to register for commencement in MyChemeketa and last day to purchase a cap and gown.
June 11, 2021 - Commencement day
To participate in the June 2021 commencement ceremony, students need to register by filling out the commencement registration form located on the Graduation page in MyChemeketa.
- Online registration for commencement will end TBD. Students must register for commencement in order to be featured in the virtual ceremony. Students will not be able to register to participate after this deadline and will need to participate in the June 2022 ceremony.
- College certificate and degree seeking students will also need to submit an Application for Certificate or Degree form to the Graduation Services office in order to have final credits reviewed for graduation.
- Students who have completed or plan on completing final credits to meet program requirements from Summer 2020 through Summer 2021 are eligible to participate in this year's commencement ceremony.
- If you completed program requirements from Summer 2019 through Spring 2020, you are welcome to participate in this year's virtual ceremony.
CAPS & GOWNS (REGALIA)
Caps and gowns will be optional! You will have an opportunity to purchase a cap and gown from our vendor, Herff Jones, beginning in the next few weeks. Any cap and gown purchased will be shipped directly to you! We will not hold any on campus grad fair events.
Order Online – TBD
Purchase your cap and gown and academic regalia online through TBD to be shipped directly to you.
TBD - TBD
Online purchasing will end TBD at 11:59 pm.
If you purchased your gown online, we recommend you keep the confirmation email from Herff Jones until the cap and gown is received at the address you provided.
Graduates are required to wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony. Graduates of one-year certificate and two-year degree programs wear black. Graduates of the High School Completion programs, HEP, and GED wear green.
*All sales are final on cap, gown, tassel, and stole purchases. No returns or refunds. Caps and gowns can be exchanged for a different size at the Bookstore if the preferred size is in stock.
Want To Use Your Own Cap & Gown?
If you own regalia and want to participate in the ceremony, please contact Graduation Services before TBD for instructions.
No tickets needed this year! Information about how to access the virtual ceremony will be provided at a later date.
If you need special accommodations to participate in the ceremony, contact –
Floor seating is reserved for guests with mobility concerns or other accessibility needs and requires special accommodation tickets. Students can exchange general admission tickets for special accommodation tickets when picking up their cap and gown or by contacting –
Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 200
Sign language interpreters will be on the right side of the stage. Designated line-of-sight seating will be held until 5:30 pm.
DETAILS FOR COMMENCEMENT DAY
- Doors open to guests at 5 pm
- No balloons are allowed in the Pavilion building
- Tickets will not be available at the door