Celebrate the accomplishments of Chemeketa graduates at the Commencement Ceremony.
Chemeketa Community College has made the difficult decision to postpone the June 2020 commencement ceremony. We are currently in the process of evaluating how best to celebrate the achievements of our graduates. All information about the commencement ceremony will be posted to this page. Please keep an eye on your MyChemeketa email address for communication about the commencement ceremony.
Date: December 15, 2020
Graduates arrive to lineup: 5 pm
Doors open to guests: 5 pm
Ceremony: 6-8 pm
Pavilion at the Oregon State Fairgrounds
2330 17th Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
How to Participate
APPLY TO GRADUATE – IMPORTANT DATES
Graduating is not automatic. You must apply to graduate.
TBD – Commencement registration opens in MyChemeketa and online cap and gown purchasing begins through Herff Jones.
TBD – Last day to purchase cap and gown online through Herff Jones
TBD - Deadline to submit an Application for Degree or Certificate form if you want your name to appear in the Commencement Ceremony program.
TBD - Cap and gown pickup and sales begin at the Bookstore on Salem campus.
TBD - Last day to register for commencement in MyChemeketa and last day to purchase a cap and gown.
TBD - Commencement day, Pavilion at the Oregon State Fairgrounds.
To participate in the June 2020 commencement ceremony, students need to register by filling out the commencement registration form located on the Graduation page in MyChemeketa.
- Online registration for commencement will end TBD. Students must register for commencement in order to participate and have their name read at the ceremony. Students will not be able to register to participate after this deadline and will need to participate in the June 2021 ceremony.
- College certificate and degree seeking students will also need to submit an Application for Certificate or Degree form to the Graduation Services office in order to have final credits reviewed for graduation.
- Students who have completed or plan on completing final credits to meet program requirements from TBD through TBD are eligible to participate in this year's commencement ceremony.
CAPS & GOWNS (REGALIA)
Cap and gown sales originally scheduled to begin May 27th at the Salem campus Bookstore have been postponed to a later date due to rescheduling the commencement ceremony to December 15, 2020. New dates will become available late summer or early fall.
Online Order Extension - May 1
For all students who would still like to purchase a tassel, cap and gown, or diploma frame to commemorate their achievements, we have extended online ordering through TBD.
May 1 - 15
Online purchasing extension will end Friday, May 15th at 11:59 pm.
All purchases made during this extension are eligible to be shipped to your home directly at no cost.
If you purchase online, we recommend you keep your confirmation email from Herff Jones until you receive your order.
Online ordering will open again this fall for students who missed this extension and want to participate in the rescheduled December ceremony.
Order Online – TBD
Purchase your cap and gown and academic regalia online through TBD to pick up at the Bookstore.
TBD - TBD
Online purchasing will end TBD at 11:59 pm.
If you purchased your gown online, we recommend you keep the confirmation email from Herff Jones until the cap and gown is picked up.
Online Order Pick Up
- Salem Campus Bookstore
TBD 10 am - 6 pm
Regular Salem Bookstore hours TBD
- Yamhill Valley Campus
Only gowns purchased online will be available for pick up at the YVC campus. All other caps and gowns will need to be purchased at the Salem campus Bookstore.
Tickets for the ceremony will be packaged with online orders.
On-Campus Sales – TBD
TBD, 10 am-6 pm
Salem campus Bookstore
TBD, Salem Bookstore Hours
Salem, Bldg. 1, Bookstore
Caps and gowns are available to purchase at the Salem campus Bookstore
If you were unable to purchase your cap and gown online, caps and gowns will be available for purchase at the Salem campus Bookstore. A ticket voucher will be given to you at the time of purchase. Tickets for caps and gowns purchased through the Bookstore will need to be picked up at Graduation Services (Salem Bldg. 2, Window 13). Tickets will be available for pickup until TBD at 5:00pm. Must present voucher to receive tickets.
Graduates are required to wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony. Graduates of one-year certificate and two-year degree programs wear black. Graduates of the High School Completion programs, HEP, and GED wear green.
*All sales are final on cap, gown, tassel, and stole purchases. No returns or refunds. Caps and gowns can be exchanged for a different size at the Bookstore if the preferred size is in stock.
Want To Use Your Own Cap & Gown?
If you own regalia and want to participate in the ceremony, please contact Graduation Services before TBD for instructions.
- Salem Campus Bookstore
Tickets are required for all guests over the age of two years old. Children 16 and under must be supervised by an adult.
- All graduates participating in the June 2020 commencement ceremony will receive 7 tickets.
- If you purchased your cap and gown online you will receive the tickets with your order. If you purchased your cap and gown from the Salem campus Bookstore, you will receive a voucher for tickets to pick up at Graduation Services (Salem Bldg. 2, Window 13). Must present voucher to receive tickets.
- Due to limited space and number of graduates, we do not have extra tickets to giveaway. If you are looking for more tickets we suggest checking with classmates or posting on Chemeketa’s Facebook page
- Tickets are required for every attendee; there are no tickets available at the door
- No replacements are available if tickets are lost
If you need special accommodations to participate in the ceremony, contact –
Floor seating is reserved for guests with mobility concerns or other accessibility needs and requires special accommodation tickets. Students can exchange general admission tickets for special accommodation tickets when picking up their cap and gown or by contacting –
Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 200
Sign language interpreters will be on the right side of the stage. Designated line-of-sight seating will be held until 5:30 pm.
DETAILS FOR COMMENCEMENT DAY
- Doors open to guests at 5 pm
- No balloons are allowed in the Pavilion building
- Tickets will not be available at the door