Celebrate the accomplishments of Chemeketa graduates at the Commencement Ceremony.
Date: June 18, 2019
Graduates arrive to lineup: 5 pm
Doors open to guests: 5 pm
Ceremony: 6-8 pm
Pavilion at the Oregon State Fairgrounds
2330 17th Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
How to Participate
APPLY TO GRADUATE – IMPORTANT DATES
Graduating is not automatic. You must apply to graduate.
TBD – Deadline to apply for graduation if you want your name to appear in the Commencement Ceremony program
TBD – Last day to order your cap and gown and sign up to participate in the Commencement Ceremony
CAPS & GOWNS (REGALIA)
Pre-Order Online – TBD
Order your cap and gown and academic regalia online through Herff Jones to pick up on campus.
Pre-Order Pick Up & Payment
- Salem Campus
TBD - Bldg. 2, Student Center
TBD - Bldg. 2, Across from the Information Center
- Yamhill Valley Campus
There will not be a stock of gowns for purchase at this event
On-Campus Sales – TBD
Salem, Bldg. 2, Student Center
Caps and gowns are available to purchase at regalia sales events on campus.
Graduation Services – TBD
If you are unable to pre-order or attend a regalia sales event, caps and gowns will be available for purchase at Graduation Services (Salem Bldg. 2, Window 13). Pre-ordered gowns will still be available for pick up and payment on these days.
If you need someone to pick up the gap and gown for you, please contact Graduation Services for instructions.
Want To Use Your Own Cap & Gown?
If you own regalia and want to participate in the ceremony, please contact Graduation Services before TBD for instructions.
- Salem Campus
Tickets are required for all guests over the age of two years old. Children 16 and under must be supervised by an adult.
- You will receive eight tickets if you pre-order your cap and gowns online through Herff Jones
- You will receive six tickets if you purchase a cap and gown at a campus regalia sale or at the Graduation Services window
- Due to limited space and number of graduates, we do not have extra tickets to giveaway. If you are looking for more tickets we suggest checking with classmates or posting on Chemeketa’s Facebook page
- Tickets are required for every attendee; there are no tickets available at the door
- No replacements are available if tickets are lost
If you need special accommodations to participate in the ceremony, contact –
Floor seating is reserved for guests with mobility concerns or other accessibility needs and requires special accommodation tickets. Students can exchange general admission tickets for special accommodation tickets when picking up their cap and gown or by contacting –
Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 200
Sign language interpreters will be on the right side of the stage. Designated line-of-sight seating will be held until 5:30 pm.
DETAILS FOR COMMENCEMENT DAY
- Doors open to guests at 5 pm
- No balloons are allowed in the Pavilion building
- Tickets will not be available at the door