Alternate Format Services Accommodations
Student Accessibility Services offers alternate format services to students with documented print disabilities. Requests should be submitted
- 4 weeks prior to the term for digital format (typically received as a PDF) or enlarged materials
- 12 weeks prior to the term for Braille materials
How to obtain this service
Contact your Accommodation Specialist to determine your eligibility and appropriate accommodations. Once approved, request your accommodations each term via the AIM Database.
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Accommodations
Accommodations such as ASL interpreting, TypeWell transcribing, communication access realtime translation (CART) and captioned media are available to assist Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing students in both credit and noncredit college courses and related activities. Requests should be made 4 weeks prior to the term. Requests made with less than four weeks' notice may be difficult to fill by the first day of class.
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Registration
If you are eligible to receive Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing accommodations, you are encouraged to use early registration. Contact Student Accessibility Services to find out the dates and make an appointment for early registration.
If you don’t use early registration, you will need to register for classes in My Chemeketa then input your requests into the AIM database as soon as possible to allow enough time to schedule accommodations. Requests made with less than four weeks notice may be difficult to fill by the first day of class.
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing - Events and Other Requests
To request accommodations for academic activities outside the regular classroom—such as field trips, meetings with instructors, tutoring appointments, etc.—contact Disability Services to complete a request for sign language interpreter/transcriber form.
It is your responsibility to look over class syllabi for field trips or other activities that occur outside the regular classroom, and request accommodations as soon as possible. Requests for these events may take up to ten business days.
Please allow two business days for other requests.
How to schedule a test
Important: be sure to talk to your instructor at the beginning of each term about your testing accommodations.
- Sign in to AIM
- Locate My Accommodations (left column)
- Click on Alternative Testing
- Select class from the drop down menu
- Click Schedule an Exam
- Click-Select One next to Request Type and choose type of exam
- Date: must be 2 business days in advance for regular tests, or 5 business days for finals
- Time: earliest start time is 9 am and be sure that your test will end by 5 pm
- Services Requested: choose the services you want for the test by clicking in the boxes
- Click on Add Exam Request
At the top of the screen you will see system update is successful with a green check mark when you have entered everything correctly You will receive a reminder within 24 to 48 hours.
Questions? Call us at 503.399.5192