What is Sexual Misconduct?
Learn what is inappropriate and illegal—contact us to report or get more information.
Filing a Complaint or Report
Chemeketa encourages all individuals to report any alleged or suspected violation of its Sexual Harassment, Discrimination and Misconduct policy to the Title IX Coordinator by –
- Completing this online form
- Calling 503.365.4723 during business hours
- Visiting the Title IX office in Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 215
Consent is voluntary, informed, un-coerced agreement through words and actions freely given, which a reasonable person would interpret as willingness to participate in mutually agreed upon sexual acts.
Sex discrimination is adverse treatment of an individual based on sex or gender, rather than individual merit.
Sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexual advance, request for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when –
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct is made either implicitly or explicitly a term or condition of instruction, employment, or participation in any College activity or benefit
- Submission to or rejection of these behaviors by an individual is used as a basis for evaluation in making academic or personnel decisions
- These behaviors are sufficiently severe and/or pervasive to have the effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's educational experience, working conditions, or living conditions by creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment
Domestic violence includes asserted violence misdemeanor and felony offenses committed by the victim’s current or former spouse, current or former cohabitant, person similarly situated under domestic or family violence law or anyone else protected under domestic or family violence law.
Dating violence means the violence by a person who has been in a romantic or intimate relationship with the victim. Whether there was such a relationship will be gauged by its length, type and frequency of interaction.
Stalking is defined as two or more unwanted and repeated contacts that would cause a reasonable person to be or feel fear for themselves and/or their immediate family or household’s safety.
Sexual exploitation occurs when a person takes advantage of another for the benefit of anyone other than that person without a person's consent. Examples of behavior includes distributing images of another person's intimate parts when the person depicted in the image did not consent to such disclosure