Transferring to Chemeketa
Be sure to get all the credit you deserve.
Steps to Transfer Credits -
- Submit your International student application
- Submit Transfer Form. Applications submitted before the deadline are processed within a week. As a transfer student you will need to submit the Transfer Form which is page 5 in the application.
- Submit Documentation. Submit the appropriate documentation based on your situation. To determine which documents we need you to submit, please refer to the list provided on the application.
- Review Process. Once we have received your documents we will review them and provide you an admission answer within a week of receiving your completed documents.
- Issuing Acceptance Letter. We will issue your Acceptance letter so that you can present that letter to your advisor at your current school.
- Issuing I-20. Once your advisor has received the Acceptance letter they will be able to release your SEVIS record to Chemeketa so that we can prepare your new I-20. Please keep in mind that, unless you are travelling outside of the U.S., we will be providing you with your new I-20 during the Mandatory Orientation days.
Your transcripts must first be evaluated by a company in the U.S. We recommend the Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (ACEI). Their address is below. Students need to obtain three official copies of their transcript. Two copies need to be sent to ACEI and one copy to Chemeketa.
After you receive the application, fill it out and request a course-by-course evaluation. The cost for a course-by-course evaluation is included in the application material. Be sure to include the fee for this service. Allow one month for the company to complete the evaluation. Request that the company send the results and your transcripts to:
Complete a Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit form. This form is available from the Chemeketa Admissions or Counseling and Career Services Office. Allow at least 4 to 6 weeks for the Admissions Office to evaluate your transcripts. There is no fee for this evaluation by Chemeketa.
United States Credits
Send official, sealed U.S. transcripts to Chemeketa's Admissions Office at the following address -
After the transcripts are received, you need to complete a Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit form and submit to the Enrollment Center (Building 2, Room 200). Allow at least 4 to 6 weeks for the Admissions Office to evaluate your transcripts. There is no fee for this service.
Once your transcripts are evaluated, you will receive an e-mail in your My Chemeketa e-mail account informing you that the process is complete and how to view the credits transferred on your Chemeketa transcripts.