From borrowing a calculator and textbook to getting help while you study, the Math Hub offers several free services to students.
Math Hub Services
- We offer more than 200 Texas Instruments 83-Plus and 84-Plus graphig scientific calculators for rent by the term. Cost is a $30 rental fee and $22 of that fee is refunded when the calculator is returned.
- We also have Texas Instruments 30X scientific calculators to loan by the term for free.
- Stop by the Math Hub to complete a rental agreement form.
Miss a math test? Ask your instructor if you can retake your test in the Math Hub.
To take your exam, please be prepared with the following –
- Instructor’s name
- Name of the course
- Picture ID (Chemeketa ID, driver’s license or other)
The Math Hub has multiple copies of every math textbook used at Chemeketa—if we don’t have a book in stock we’ll get one as soon as possible. Please bring a picture ID to borrow a book to use in the Math Hub free of charge.
Located outside the Math Hub, our study lounge offers space for you to study individually or in a group. The space includes –
- Comfortable seating for about 25 people
- Electrical outlets
- Large whiteboard with dry erase markers
Individualized Study Classes
Individualized study classes are one-on-one, face-to-face math classes—one of the most effective forms of math instruction we offer. The Math Hub is available for individualized study students to study and receive help from an instructor. Individualized study classes include –
- MTH 20, 52, 53, 60, 70, 75, 76, 78, 79 and 95
- Motivated students have the option of completing more that one course in a term
The Math Hub’s computer resources include a laser printer, 12 PC stations and 20 Apple laptops that can be used for homework assignments. Please bring a picture ID to check out a laptop for use in the Math Hub.
Help with math work
Our highly trained instructional staff are available for one-on-one instruction and tutoring. The “professor is in” sign indicates when additional faculty are available to help answer your questions.