Tutoring & Study Skills
Salem Tutoring & Study Skills Center has online services for remote learning
The Tutoring & Study Skills Center is here to support your learning with several virtual options for academic assistance.
Services are free for any student currently enrolled in credit classes.
Virtual tutoring is available for a variety of subjects
- Work one-on-one with a Chemeketa tutor
- Tutors are available for math, writing, study skills, and more
- Schedule your tutoring session on MyChemeketa
Drop-in tutoring is also available via eTutoring
- Early morning and evening hours are available for a wide variety of subjects
- Access eTutoring any of three ways:
Online Workshops are free and open to all current students
- View the workshop schedule and register on MyChemeketa.
Open Study Space
- Come in to connect with a remote tutor, attend a remote class, get some work done on your computer or ours, or settle in to study & get some homework done.
- Borrow a calculator or any of our other resources
- Pay printing is also available
Spring term hours:
- Salem Campus: Monday - Thursday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Yamhill Valley Campus: Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Virtual Tutoring Sessions
Schedule a free one-on-one session with a Chemeketa tutor. Just log on to My Chemeketa, and click the "Studying" tab at the top of the page. There, you'll find a variety of links to schedule a tutoring session in the subject of your choice.
When you book a session, you'll get a confirmation email with a Zoom link. When it's time to meet with your tutor, simply click the link to get started. During the tutoring session, you can share your screen so the tutor can see what assignment you're working on. You'll also be able to chat using a webcam, microphone, keyboard, or phone.
Use the "whiteboard" feature in Zoom to write and work through math questions with a tutor, or share your screen to show your work. See the "Studying" tab on My Chemeketa to schedule a tutoring session.
One-on-one virtual sessions with a writing tutor available in the "Studying" tab on My Chemeketa. Share your screen to work through a draft or use the "whiteboard" feature in Zoom to talk through some brainstorming.
Learn more about additional Writing Support at Chemeketa.
Online tutoring is free to all Chemeketa students through eTutoringOnline.org.
- American Sign Language
- Math and statistics
- Microsoft Office
- Science: Chemistry, physics, biology and anatomy and physiology
- Go to login.chemeketa.edu and enter your MyChemeketa username and password
- Click the "eTutoring" button
- See the online tutor schedule to find a time that meets your needs.
If you have any questions or need assistance accessing online tutoring, feel free to contact us.
Another online writing resource is Chemeketa's Online Writing Center. Visit the Writing Center to find out more.
All virtual workshops are free and all Chemeketa students are welcome!
Pre-register using the Workshop CRN up to one day before the workshop's scheduled date.
All workshops will be held remotely via Zoom.
Study Skills & Writing Consulting
The Study Skills Consultant meets by appointment with students to work on developing the skills and habits that are essential to academic success.
Appointments are available during Fall, Winter, and Spring terms, and can be made through the "Studying" tab on My Chemeketa
For more information, contact Karie Beavert
The Writing Consultant meets by appointment with students to work on developing writing skills and to improve their approach to the writing process.
Appointments are available during Fall, Winter, and Spring terms.
For more information, contact Alissa Hattman